The RCU under construction in May 2004, the picture (above left) shows (left to right) John M0RYA, Steve G8NFZ, Alan G6SDP, Peter G6GVM and Tony G8WBI getting to grips with the saw bench. The picture to the right (above) shows, left to right, John M0RYA, Dick G4KAR, Tony G8WBI and Dave G0OZG.
The RCU in use at the Lewes to Newhaven Raft race.
The Operators positions in the RCU utilises the CAIRO system to provide a common method for connecting equipment
The original RCU, a converted caravan, in use on the British Heart Foundation 1066 Walk at Boreham Street circa 2002. The orginal RCU served the Group for 14 years.